Tuesday, November 2, 2010

ELECTION 2008

In 2008 there were three choices for President of the United States. Barack Obama-Democrat, McCain-Republican and Ryon Paul (who was a Republican). I myself, was not old enough to vote in 2008, but if I would have, I would have voted for our President Barack Obama.

Barack Obama is a Democrat, which in itself is not the only reason I would have voted for him, but it is one of them. Our country was in debt when George Bush, Senior was in office, but that was completely fixed by the time President Bill Clinton, Democrat had served two terms in office. We as a country had a balanced budget. Unfortunately, George Bush, Junior was elected (questionably) into office for two terms. Where were we after he was finished with us? We are in the worst debt our country has ever been in, our work has been shipped out to other countries and unemployment is higher than it has ever been in my lifetime.

Now, I don't want to sound like I am on a soap box, but are we being fair to judge Barack Obama for not being able to fix in two years, what Bush took eight to destroy? I hear a lot of older people judging him for not having made "enough" changes in the last two years. I am not sure what they believe should have been done differently, but from my perspective it seems like he and his office are doing their best.

No comments:

Post a Comment