Wednesday, December 1, 2010

HABITS FOR A LIFETIME


Is my current media consumption a result of habits formed as a child? I suppose it’s possible. I do prefer watching a movie as opposed to short programs. But, even that isn’t a big priority in my life. So, is it a habit that I have formed or just a preference that I share with my family?

My television viewing habits were monitored as a child by my parents. I wasn’t allowed to just sit mindlessly watching anything I chose either. I did have my own television at a young age, but my parents did not allow me to have it connected to cable. Instead, I used my VCR to watch movies. My brother and I owned a fairly large collection of movies and we were allowed to watch a movie after our homework and chores were finished. My family has always been active and busy which didn’t leave large amounts of time to sit and “vegetate” in front of the “boob tube”. Whether my parents have helped to form my habits viewing habits, or we just share that commonality, I am grateful that I am active in my own life and don’t rely on viewing others act for my entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment